8/28/08

Uncomfortable Cries

It was a tougher day today with Sorin. Let me rephrase that: Sorin showed me he can be a little more difficult at times. He stayed awake more today than the few days past. It was nice to have him up b/c that meant there was a good chance he'd sleep better through the night. But it's hard for me to hold him when his cries aren't able to be managed. Katie's better at it than me. And she was coaching me through what kind of a day he's having, reminding me that it's not necessarily my technique that's allowing for the uncontrolable cries.

And still, the day wasn't all bad. At about 1:00 in the afternoon, he was on my chest sleeping for about an hour while Katie got a good 2-hour nap! He looks different today. He seems to look a little different every day. Once again, I wish I could write more, but it's been a long evening.

No comments: