9/20/08

My First Farmer's Market

Back in late winter when we knew we were pregnant, Katie and I were thinking about the fun things we'd get to do for the first time with Sorin. One of the that came to mind for me was the Farmer's Market on the Capital Square. Last week we had the first trip planned, but heavy rains kept us away.

This morning we geared up with two packs - one for our grocery purchases and one for Sorin, a wonderful carrier called a Snugli.

As expected, Sorin slept through the entire thing. It was an absolute joy for me to put that Snugli on and have Katie put Sorin in. I'd been waiting to use this carrier for quite some time. We stopped at Barriques for coffee on the walk up to the square. First thing in line, two women commented on our "little pumpkin."

Our walk was very pleasant at 7:45am - no congestion on the Square. We got yellow beans, squash, baby potatoes, bison, and for a special treat -- Hook's two-year old cheddar cheese. At the end of the market we always stop at Stella's bakery for a pastry: Katie tried the cranberry scone which wasn't that great, and I had a chocolate chip scone which (as always) was huge and wonderful.








It was a whole new experience at the Farmer's Market having Sorin with us. I think he's going to enjoy the outdoors.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

You are right in front of my very favorite garden store - Ebert's!! What great taste. I'm so glad Sorin enjoyed his first visit.