10/30/09

Soccer Ball

(Editor's Note:  I have been reminded that this video has already been posted on the blog.   So you'll have to enjoy this post for it's writing, not just the media content that displays the cuteness of Sorin.)


For whatever reason, I've had thoughts of having children for many, many years. To raise children has always been on my mind and my heart. I have a desire to teach and mentor. And being the sports fan that I am means lots of time on the practice field and at games.

I can't wait to take Sorin to his first baseball game. I can't wait to take him to his first practice. What I can wait for is his first experience of failure or injury. Oooh, that's going to be tough. So where can I sign him up?

Still too young. But it doesn't mean I can't start my own practice. I'll call it pre-season here at the Schiefelbein house. It's been fun watching Sorin enjoy playing with the soccer ball which came with a set of sports gear. He's slowly started to interact with it and now he's gotten pretty good at it. He's got to start somewhere. This proud father thinks he's got a future (hopefully on the gridiron, though).

No comments: