4/19/09

Sorin's First Pool Experience

Sorin didn't waste any time getting in the water - Katie was sure to get him poolside on day 1. He woke up from a nap at 11am while I (Hans) was in the living room. The whole family was down by the pool and my job was to get him dressed for the water and bring him down. As usual, he was so relaxed after waking up. Then as he starts coming around, he's just as happy as can be after a good nap.

You should see his water attire. Bear with me as a first time parent: he's got the water diaper that's pretty cute. But we got him a surfer shirt (SPF 50) and a hat for full sun protection. And he's got the cutest sun glasses - tomorrow I'll get a pic.

So I brought him down to the pool and Katie put some sunscreen on. In the pool he liked it at first. I think he was familiar with the water from his baths. But after awhile he started getting scared. We're not sure why - but he'd be ok, then his lip would start to quiver in fear. It sounds sad but in some weird way it was kind of cute.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Sorin, you look great in your little pool gear! I cannot wait to hear about all your "firsts"!!